Thursday, August 15, 2013

My Dad's Birthday Quilt

My dad turned 77 last week.  He was also recently diagnosed with an aggressive form of bladder cancer.  In my quilt ministry, I give quilts to others who have cancer or other illnesses.  But this is too close to home!  Still, one of my first thoughts after the shock wore off was to make him a quilt.  He starts chemo and radiation next month after they perform a second biopsy on him.  He NEEDS a quilt.

He has a great, positive attitude and I know lots of people are praying for complete healing...if that is God's will.  If you have found this blog, Dad, I love you and know you are a fighter.  I am praying for you.

So here is the quilt I made for him...





2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful person you are, so generous and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the time I made this quilt, i had no idea my mom was soon to come down with brain cancer and leave this earth the same week my dad was declared cancer free. There are things in this world I do not understand but God is faithful!

      Delete